- GENERAL SAFARI FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- Can I take my children with me on Safari? At Tatanca, we offer family safari packages which allows you to include your children. We plan our itineraries to be flexible, as well our staff are family people themselves and therefore understand how to care for children on safari. However parents are reminded they are responsible for their children at all times and they must not walk unaccompanied. Travel is the world's best education and nothing on earth will broaden your child's horizons like an African family safari.
- WILL I STAY IN TENTS OR LODGES?
- We offer several options for the safari traveler....from mobile tenting to luxury tented camps.....from basic cabins to safari lodges. It all depends on your preference. You can preview our preferred accommodation partners here. They are carefully selected to ensure that your entire experience is comfortable and memorable.
- HOW LARGE IS THE SAFARI GROUP ON AVERAGE? - Our groups range in size from 2-20, though we generally keep our groups small, which allows for a more intimate feel for the African wilderness. Each safari vehicle can accommodate 5-8 people comfortably. A window seat is guaranteed and we encourage seat swapping each day.
- WHAT ABOUT DRINKING WATER WHILE ON SAFARI? - We provide one bottle of water per day for each client, and you may purchase additional bottled water prior to departing on safari, or at the camps/lodges in the park. It is recommended to only consume bottled water or treated water.
- WHAT IF THE SAFARI VEHICLE BREAKS DOWN ON THE WAY? - We perform regular maintenance on all of our vehicles, however due to the challenging conditions which we travel in each day, a breakdown can occur. We have standby vehicles which will arrive within 2-4 hours (depending on location) upon receiving notification of a vehicle breakdown. Your driver/guide will do their best to adjust your safari to accommodate for the time lost during the breakdown. We may also offer a simple transfer to a nearby hotel or lodge for accommodation or meal service.
- WHAT VACCINATIONS DO I NEED? - For all required vaccinations we advise that you consult your doctor or travel clinic at least 2 months prior to your departure. Minimum requirements are a proof of yellow fever vaccination and anti-malarial medication.
- WHAT CLOTHES SHOULD I BRING ON SAFARI? - Generally light weight and comfortable clothes in layers are recommended. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dusty. We also suggest: Long sleeves and trousers in light coloured fabric which help discourage insect bites (insect repellent is also recommended) A sweater for early morning or evening game drives Sunhat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are strongly advised as well Modest length shorts for women are perfectly acceptable. In some rural or muslim dominated areas, women should carry a wrap to cover their legs as clothes which are too revealing can cause offence .
Feel free to email us for any clarification you may require at firstname.lastname@example.org